- Improves Air Quality Air conditioners do more than emit cool air in the room. It also collects, filters, and circulates clean air back into the room. This is especially advantageous for individuals who have asthma and those who suffer from allergic rhinitis. Through its filtering action, the amounts of pollen, mold, and mildew that cause adverse health problems are greatly reduced. You can also improve indoor air quality by changing your air conditioner’s filter every now and then.
- Cools Temper Do you know that the temperature of the environment you are in has a direct effect on your mood? When the temperature rises, your temper rises as well. A hot environment prompts our bodies to work harder in order to keep ourselves cool to compensate for the heat. As a result, our heart beats faster and our blood pressure gradually goes up. These systemic changes in our body eventually results to a more aggressive behavior. Air conditioners help counter these effects by putting us in a better mood around the workplace or in public places.
- Better Sleep Sleeping in a hot room can make you toss and turn at night in an attempt to find a comfortable and cooler position. Sleeping in a heated room affects your body’s temperature regulation. In fact, your body needs to achieve an optimum core temperature to be able to achieve sleep and remain asleep for quite some time.
- Reduce Instances of Heat-Related Illnesses A lot of areas in the country are experiencing a heightened heat index. As a result, hundreds of people succumb to heat stroke while some died because of it. While heat stroke may not be the main reason for the death of a person, it could still be a contributing factor. One benefit of air conditioning is that it lets the body cool down after being exposed to too much heat. Moreover, many health facilities have stated that the best way to prevent heat stress or other heat-related illness is air conditioning.
- Protects Your Furniture Heat can damage any types of furniture. It reduces the moisture in the wood and it creates cracks in leather seats. Mold could also accumulate in furniture fabric that has become damp as a result of humid weather. Having an air conditioner in your home or building can help prevent all these from happening. Turning on your air conditioner means that heat and humidity will be replaced with a cool air.
- Contributes to Modern CareA cool and comfortable environment is also crucial for patient care. Hospitals need to be properly ventilated so as to prevent heat from accumulating in the patient’s room. The unwanted heat could cause worsening of the patient’s condition.The filtering capabilities of air conditioners help get rid of bacteria and allergens and prevent the spreading of diseases throughout the facility. Moreover, studies have shown that patients who receive high quality air are more likely to experience a faster recovery.
Air conditioners are everywhere at homes, clinics, offices, schools, public libraries, etc.And it’s not surprising given that Brisbane is one of the hottest cities in the world. Back in the days, only the affluent could afford air conditioners but today, it has become part of our every day lives not just because it keeps us cool during unbelievably hot days but because it offers a plethora of other benefits. The Benefits of Air Conditioners Researches have shown that working in an air-conditioned environment makes you more productive. If you think about it, there are countless of things we couldn’t do without air conditioners. Aside from the comfort that it brings, here are other benefits of air conditioners: