Toshiba Split System Inverter Air Conditioner 8 kW
Description Toshiba was the original company to incorporate inverter technology into air conditioning systems, and since 1981 has continued to be at the forefront of air conditioning technology. The hybrid inverter achieves ultimate comfort through a constant desired temperature with optimum energy efficiency. The range of Split System air conditioners offered by Toshiba combines technological development with care for future generations – the result is a range of energy-efficient air conditioners, reducing greenhouse gas emissions at the source.
Toshiba’s split system air conditioners provide you with the multiple benefits of energy-saving, comfort and high power technology. Combining high power with high efficiency is Toshiba Air Conditioning’s calling card and the Inverter hi-wall split systems are no different.
Toshiba was the original company to incorporate inverter technology into air conditioning systems, and since 1981 has continued to be at the forefront of air conditioning technology. The hybrid inverter achieves ultimate comfort through a constant desired temperature with optimum energy efficiency.
The range of Split System air conditioners offered by Toshiba combines technological development with care for future generations – the result is a range of energy-efficient air conditioners, reducing greenhouse gas emissions at the source.
The Toshiba Air Conditioning Hybrid Inverter
The hybrid inverter integrates two distinct compressor control modules to ensure constant natural comfort which is achieved with maximum energy efficiency. PAM (Pulse Amplitude Modulation) provides the highest levels of power for when you need to get cool (or warm) fast, while PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) ensures the desired room temperature and optimum energy efficiency. The Toshiba Inverter system features the best of both.
PAM works like a turbo engine in a car. It will set a compressor at the maximum power, providing fast cooling in order to achieve the desired room temperature when the air conditioner is switched on.
PWM helps to balance the compressor speed revolution, either high speed when providing fast cooling, or slow speed when maintaining room temperature. So, like cruise control in a car, it results in significantly less consumption.
The Toshiba Air Conditioning DC Twin-Rotary Compressor
This compressor enables the adoption of a high-pressure refrigerant. High efficiency is evident in low-speed operation ranges. It can reduce energy consumption when operated in long stable conditions. Rotating with two rollers at the same time makes accurate compressor rotation possible with less energy loss. As a result, it offers a great reduction in energy consumption with a powerful operation.
High reliability and low noise air conditioners
The enhanced DC Twin-Rotary Compressor delivers stable performance with minimum friction. It’s ideal for noise-sensitive applications as the sound of the outdoor unit is almost imperceptible.
Air Conditioner Technology for Health
Toshiba IAQ Filter
Toshiba IAQ technology is able to seriously inhibit the reproductive ability of harmful bacteria and viruses such as H5N1 Avian influenza. With Toshiba IAQ, your family can breathe easier and your house will feel like it has been spring cleaned.
Pre-Filter with high performance ﬁlter Toshiba’s high-performance filter blocks out dust, thus you can ensure your room is kept fresh and clean.
Air Conditioner Self Cleaning Function
This function is designed to reduce the humidity that causes mould to form inside an air-conditioning unit.
Simply refreshing, in a natural way.
When you turn off your air conditioner, an internal fan automatically activates to dry out the coil. This removes the moisture which can cause mould to form.
Easy Cleaning Air Conditioners
All you need to do is simply wash the dirt out with running water to clean the filter. Always keep your air clean and fresh through simple & easy care.
Toshiba Air Conditioner Controller and Benefits
- Backlit wireless controller.
- A weekly timer allows you to set ‘on’ and ‘off’ times and customise temperature settings. The unit allows for 4 different settings per day.
- Customised air distribution with 4 mode settings (cool, heat, dry and fan).
- Eco-logic -the set temperature will be automatically adjusted without sacrificing comfort.
- Silent mode – this will operate the outside unit at a quieter decibel, helpful for night times.
- Preset – saves favourite temperature and fan settings.
- Hi-Power mode – rapidly delivers increased air or heating throughout the room.
Optional Air Conditioner WiFi Adapter
* – not available for 2 kW units
- One air conditioning unit can be controlled by 5 users and users can control up to 10
- Weekly timer set
- Power on/off.
- Mode selection – auto, cool, heat, dry and fan
Features and Benefits of Hi-Wall Systems
- Designed for durability – The clever PCB housing of the outdoor unit with its smart perforated design, allows the PCB to breathe and do its job controlling the air It also keeps out many of those pesky insects, reptiles and rodents common in many parts of Australia that seek refuge, particularly during cold nights.
- DC inverter system designed to use electricity efficiently and effectively
- Reverse cycle heating & cooling
- Aqua resin-coated coil – helps to reduce the formation of water and oil on the coil as well as minimising mould and dust accumulation.
- 13% bigger fan coil unit* combined with a 10% increase in heat transfer surface resulting in airflow that cools the room quickly.
- Self-cleaning operates in dry and cool modes.
- R410A refrigerant non ozone-depleting refrigerant.
- 6 x Left and Right swing options – Wide, Centre/ Left, Centre-Right, Left, Centre, Right, great for large rooms. *^
- 8º degree indoor operation ambient for cold nights. Additionally can be a cost-effective solution to reduce defrost and the faster minimum ambient temperature of 18º degrees.
- Auto-restart the unit will restart automatically in the same operating mode when power is restored after a power failure.
- Easy maintenance – all the components are designed for easy maintenance both in removal and reassembly.
*^only available on units RAS-18BKV-A1, RAS-22BKV-A1 & RAS-24BKV-A1
^*use only warm water for cleaning, no detergents