Run your split or ducted system air conditioner efficiently this summer
There are many things you can do this summer to ensure that you are running your split system or ducted system air conditioner efficiently. In following our simple tips below, you will save money on your power bill, keep your home lovely and cool this summer and do your bit to reduce energy use and look after our planet.
- Firstly, it is best to use a reverse cycle inverter air conditioning system in your home. An inverter enables the outdoor compressor to run at different speeds depending on the output required. This can help to reduce the running costs of your system
- Make sure you regularly check and clean your air conditioner’s filters. Having dirty filters not only reduces the efficiency of your system, but can also pollute the air in your home. If you are unsure of how to clean your filters, ask one of our technician’s the next time they are there to service your air conditioner
- Get your air conditioner serviced one or twice a year depending on its use. Having it serviced regularly will enable it to run effectively and efficiently, as well as improving air quality, reducing air borne bacteria and allergies. This will not only ensure the environment inside your home will be clean and fresh, but your will save money on electrical bills and prolong the life of your air conditioner
- Maintain the ducts and vents on your ducted system. Make sure the ducts are properly insulated and when serviced, ensure that the technician checks for leaks or holes in the duct.
- Make sure all windows and doors are closed when running your air conditioner and keep curtains/blinds closed where possible
- Set your air conditioner’s temperature between 23 and 24 degrees. If a hot day is expected, turn your air conditioner on before it gets hot to save your air conditioner having to work harder to cool the space
- On a hot day, tilt your louvers to the ceiling, rather than the floor
If you have any further questions about running your air conditioner efficiently, please don’t hesitate to call All Cool Industries on 07 3289 3005